The Fresh Start COVID-19 Housing Stabilization Program will start Monday, November 9th. This program will be offered through the Central Arkansas Development Council. The process seems user friendly; go to ‘A Fresh Start’ and review the complete details below:
Central Arkansas Development Council will be participating in the Arkansas Fresh Start Covid 19 Housing Stabilization Program beginning Monday, November 9, 2020.
Central Arkansas Development Council (CADC) whose mission is to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty, to help vulnerable populations achieve their potential, and to build strong communities in Arkansas through community action will be participating in the Arkansas Fresh Start Covid-19 Housing Stabilization Program beginning Monday, November 9, 2020, in its 19 county service area.
The Arkansas Fresh Start Program will provide rent payment assistance for Arkansans who have fallen behind on their rent due to the health and economic impacts caused by the Coronavirus. It will also help landlords who have lost revenue due to the inability of tenants to stay current on their rent payments.
The program is designed to help renters and landlords benefit from the moratorium on evictions enacted by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
The program is set to start November 9, 2020, and will last as long as funds are available in each county. Assistance is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To qualify for assistance under the program, applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
- Be a full-time Arkansas resident.
- Be a renter with an income at or below 80% of the area median income as determined by HUD.
Household Size 80% State Median Yearly Approx.
1 $40,450 $3,370
2 $46,200 $3,850
3 $52,000 $4,333
4 $57,750 $4,812
5 $62,400 $5,200
6 $67,000 $5,583
7 $71,000 $5,916
8 $76,250 $6,354
- Either (i.) have an eligible rent expense that was incurred on or after March 18, 2020 that is past due or with notice of pending eviction, or (ii.) have been evicted within the previousthirty (30) days.
- Certify inability to make rent payment(s) owed because of the public health emergency due to unemployment, illness, or another COVID-19 related issue, through the submission of a signed CDC Eviction Moratorium Declaration Documentation Required
Applicants for assistance under the program must provide the following documentation to demonstrate eligibility:
- Proof of identification of the applicant;
- Verification of applicant’s rent arrearage (past due rent notice/or eviction notice); • Lease or rental agreement; Landlord name, address, phone number, and email address • Proof of gross income from the month prior to application
- Basic demographic information for all household members(name, relationship to applicant, DOB, race/ethnicity, employment status, disability status, and education level);
- Signed CDC Eviction Moratorium Declaration;
- Declaration from the landlord in accordance with Section C below; in the event, a landlord will not provide the declaration the applicant will be ineligible for benefits
When a potential applicant clicks on the link for CADC at www.arfreshstart.com (must use Chrome) and completes some basic info (name, address, email, phone), a notice will be sent to one of our program staff who will reply with an individual, secure invitation to apply
CADC would like to invite all news and media outlets to join and share in this event as we intend to bring joy, happiness, and much-needed services to families across Arkansas during this pandemic. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others” Ghandi.
Founded in 1965, Central Arkansas Development Council is a private nonprofit community action agency operating in 19 counties in the state of Arkansas. CADC is a local force in the War on Poverty providing a hand-up, promoting self-help in our neighborhoods, and for our families. We are committed to providing opportunities for empowerment for individuals, families, and communities. For more information visit our website at www.cadc.com, or contact your local CADC office.
Press Release CADC | Randy Morris | Chief Executive Officer | email@example.com